Your Landlord Wants to Increase Your House Rent

Your landlord wants to increase your house rent. Write a letter to him to explain your situation.

  • In your letter, you should tell:
  • why do you think the rent shouldn’t be increased
  • what you will do if it is increased.

Dear Mr Wilson,

I am writing to you to make an earnest request for not escalating the house rent. Yesterday, I was informed about it. Since then, I have been in great trouble, and via this letter, I would like to make you aware of my predicament.

Let me tell you that I am entirely incapable of paying the increased rent. Firstly, it has been six months since I took your home for rent. If it is increased, then it will be possible after 1 year as per the rent deed. In addition, I have always paid rent regularly and never tried to violate the rules laid down by you. Also, I am looking for another job near my residential place. So, due to running out of money, I think you need to reconsider the issue of increasing the monthly rate.

I would like to inform you that if you insist on inclining the house rent, I would have no other alternative except moving to somewhere else. You will lose your credibility. Let me tell you that I am entitled to make a claim if an additional amount is taken along with a rent within a year. However, I would not do it for our valuable relationship, and I expect that you will try to understand me very soon. I will be able to pay the rent.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Yours Sincerely,

Follow Us on IELTSFever Facebook 

Also Read Someone Returned to You a Bag that You Lost with All Its Belongings Still Inside It

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *